It has been a bit since I’ve sewn this month, so thought I would give a quick update on the Happenings around here.

We were off on vacation, driving from Michigan to Northern Canada.  Then flew by float plane to a fishing lodge in the middle of nowhere.  This was our ride.  Check out the Amazon Prime package.

Here is our sunrise with the moon on the side.

Fishing was great.  Didn’t see anyone other than the 20 or so people from the lodge all week. Great food, great fishing and great quiet time.

Got home Wednesday and headed yesterday to the AQS Grand Rapids Quilt Show.  Had to do a bit of shopping.  Not too much, just a few things I had been hunting.  Thread restock, Me & My Sisters and some blues and whites for some Blue RK Blocks   I am a bit late to making these blocks as I didn’t have any stash of blues.  Can you believe that not darker blue stash.  Fixed that and now will be doing some blocks for a sadly needed great cause.

I am also working on getting my August OMG finished.  I have 2 blocks done and many more to go.


Linking up with some friends:

Busy Hands Quilts – Finished or Not Friday

Confessions of a Fabric Addict – Whoop Whoop


Totally forgot to put anything on my latest quilt here. The pattern is Moda Bake Shop Interwoven by Material Girl Quilts.  I was looking for something quick and easy and stumbled on Interwoven in my Pinterest holdings.  Isn’t it amazing how many places and how many ideas we have stored for future projects.

Didn’t need to buy anything for this quilt, just needed to get busy.  Did I read the pattern all the way through first.  No.

Pattern calls for trimming the print charms to 5″ x 4 1/2″, then halving them to 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.  After I started doing this, I thought I should have just left them at 5″.  It would have been a bigger quilt.  But I kept going and here are the finished pieces.  They are pretty cute!  I love Me & My Sisters fabrics, having used many of them in the past, here are their links  Rainy Days  Grow Dot Dot Dash More Dot Dot Dash I think I like their collections so much, because it is the first real collection I bought.

Here is the completed top.

Remember earlier when I said I should have just left the charms at 5″,  not trimming them to 4.5″.  If  you follow the pattern, which I did, you can use a 44″ fabric for the backing.  Great move.  So now it was time to get some quilting done.

Anyone who has checked out any of my quilts before is saying now “how is she going to edge to edge straight line quilt this one”.  Surprise I’m not doing straight line.  Still doing edge to edge and using my walking foot but using a wavy line.  I don’t know if this qualifies for stepping out side of my comfort box, maybe just stepping on the line with my toes over the edge.

I think the wavy lines are adorable and add a little more cush!

What do you think, do the waving lines take me out of my comfort box or just on the edge?

Linking up with some of my friends this Friday.

Confessions of a Fabric Addict – Whoop Whoop

Busy Hands Quilts – Finished or Not Friday




It is hard to believe that it is already August.  Time sure flies as we get older.  As I decide what will be my goal for August, it is kind of tough to pick just one project.  I hope you are all sitting down, I don’t have any works in process. All my projects are done.

I went through the patterns I would like to do and thought I should use some of those beautiful FQs sitting in my drawers and came up with this little bundle.


I say this loosely that I came up with this bundle.  I don’t know how to pull fabric to make a beautiful quilt.  I buy bundles and collections.  This is Kate Spain, Canyon, but I added the purply pink material.

Here are the projects I’ve done so far with the Kate Spain, Quilt #14 done and OMG November.  You can tell by both of these quilts are basic HST.  I am stepping out of the box with this pattern, Sailors Star by My Quilt Infatuation.

I will be doing the lap size.  I bought it last year and have been holding it, so why not bring it out of hiding and get a move on.


Linking up with

Elm Street Quilts – OMG

Sew Fresh Quilts – Let’s Bee Social

Quilt Fabrication – Midweek Makers


July has flown by, I started All In Good Time back in June and finished it earlier this month.  Thought I would get back to updating my projects on the blog.



I used Kate Spain Early Bird and love how it turned out.

The only thing I changed on the pattern was the piano key corners.  I wasn’t crazy about trying to do the mitered corners, so I changed up to blocks the same as the borders.


Went with my favorite striped binding.


I think I am getting better at this machine binding thing!!!  Here’s how this one looked.  Thinking if I change to 2 1/4 stripes for my binding it may be great!


I am off to start my July One Monthly Goal.  I know I realize it is the 26th of July.  Thankfully my July OMG isn’t too tough.


Linking up with

Mid Week Makers at Quilt Fabrication

Wait Loss Wednesday at Inquiring Quilter

Let’s Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

Work In Progress with Friends at Mama Spark’s World


I finished this quilt last month, but never posted, so here it is.

It was started in May, Purple Diamonds.  I had a few popped seams that are now fixed, so here is the finish.

In the beginning I wasn’t that crazy about the fabric.  It was one of those great buys, but not sure what I was going to do with the layer cake.  Of course for me HSTs when I want a quick quilt and not to much thinking.

I love how the back came out with the simple straight line quilting.  It was my first time using variegated thread and I like it.


Today I am linking up with Live Love Laugh Quilt – Making It Monday and Cooking Up Quilts – MCM