I have finished Quilt #11, its been almost a month since I finished the top. I don’t like to have things unfinished, so this one bugged me.
I had issue with blue fabric, Joann’s didn’t quite cut straight, so I ended up with about and inch shortage on one part of one of the pieces. Of course, I didn’t realize this until I had completed the quilting. Beginner focus, focus on the one thing, quilting and don’t notice the bigger issue of fabric not completely covering the batting.
So the solution was to make a binding that was wider on the back than the front. I didn’t turn out to bad. I learned 2 things with this finish. ALWAYS check twice on the fabric backing to be sure it is correct size and I don’t like a wide binding. It doesn’t look bad, but just not my first choice.
But here is #11 done and waiting for a home. Not sure who, but I will be giving this one a new home, which was my plan all along.