In my last post, June Happenings or Not I said I had finished my June Queen’s block.

I thought it turned out pretty good.  So I posted it in our facebook group and found out I put it together wrong.  So it was time for a bit of ripping.

Here is how it is suppose to look.

 

 

I was so careful to read the pattern and the notes that were in the group on what the Queen wanted.  There were conflicting directions for the layout of this block, so was glad to have an easy fix to get it right.  It turned out cute finally.

Not sure how crazy I am for paper piecing, but maybe in time it will grow on me.

Now I only have my Purple In Process to fix.  So I think I can start a new project.  Can you tell I am putting off trying to fix my split seam.

Follow:

I had a very slow May in getting things accomplished and June is starting out slow too.  I need to pick up the pace.  Anyone who has followed me knows I like to start and finish a project, before I move to the next one.  I’ll give a little when it is blocks for swaps, charities and bees.  I can squeeze those in with my current project.

Currently, I have three, yes three projects in the works.

I think the last few projects are giving me lessons to learn and not much progress.

First up was Purple Diamonds.

 

I was loving how this was turning out, until the wash and the seam pop.  

I have been pondering the fix and not wanting to jump in until I have thought it through.  Don’t want to fix one mistake with another.  So this is on hold for now.

Lesson #1 be sure the 1/4″ seam is accurate.  Check both sides of the block.

 

Second Project is June OMG.

I started to put together some charity baby quilts with the blocks.  First up looks cute until I look at the sides, which don’t match up.  So I am off to do some investigation, which I am sure will involve a seam ripper.

 

Lesson #2, measure each block after it is completed.  Measure each block after it is ironed.  Measure each block before you put on sashing.  Another words, be sure your block is exact.

 

Third up is my Bee Hive Lily Pad June block.  It is another paper pieced block.  Blossom Hearts Quilts – Busy Block

 

I have it completed, but a few of the pieces have loose edges at the seam.  I am thinking that I didn’t sew all the way to the 6 1/2″ edge of the block.  Today I will be correcting that block.

Lesson #3 on paper piecing sew to the outer edge of the block.

 

In my heart today I would like to start a new project, but my head won’t let me.  I need to get this block done and work on my June OMG, then I can start something new.

 

Linking up with:

Quilt Fabrication – MidWeek Makers

Mama Spark – WIP with Friends

Sew Fresh Quilts – Let’s Bee Social

 

 

 

Follow:

I was on vacation for the May Goal Setting so didn’t have an official goal.   My June OMG is to put together the top or tops of the https://www.cocoaquilts.com/2017/01/totally-triangle-quilt-along.html  Here are my 25 blocks.

You can tell by my choice of colors that I wasn’t thinking ahead.  I had planned on using the grey for the sashing.  I decided that wouldn’t look to good with the grey blocks, they would look a bit lost.

I think I have decided to make two quilts, maybe for Project Linus.  One with the darks and white sashing and a second with the lights with grey sashing.  I get them to a good size, I may need to make a few more triangles.

This is my June Monthly Goal.

I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts – OMG

Follow:

I finished my Purple Diamonds and washed it up.  I was folding it to package it up and send out.  I found this

 

 

Yikes, obviously my seam wasn’t good.   What can I do to fix it?

There are a few lessons for me to learn here:

  1.  Make sure your seams are accurrate on each block
  2. How to fix a seam that was too small

 

Who can tell me how to fix this seam?  It is only one block.

Follow:

My husband said to me the other day, well maybe last month, why don’t you make a quilt for Cel.  She is his cousin and she is having a hard time with her MS.  I said great idea, why didn’t I think of that earlier.  So I went to see what pre-cuts I had that would work.

Here is what I picked before we headed out for vacation.

I had bought this online when someone had a deal.  Wasn’t really sure what I would use them for but I love a layer cake!!  Just add white, right?

Here were my choices after I made the HSTs (of course HSTs) my favorite.  They are so versatile.

 

I went with the diamonds. My squares were 6 1/2, which I thought was too big for the first choice ( can’t remember what that is called).

Headed down to Shipshewanna to buy some backing.  Came home with this for the back.

First things first, what was I thinking.  I like the fabric but it doesn’t really work.  Second what made me think 3 yards was enough. It wasn’t.  So let’s figure out a Plan B.

Last week my sister and I did a little shop hop in West Michigan.  I came home with some wide Robert Kaufman for backing.  I guess I’m pulling that out today.  This will be my Plan B.

Today I hope to get it quilted then I need to figure out my binding.  You ask how am I going to quilt it, you are right is you said straight lines.  Sometime in the future I will try FMQ, just not today.

Another dilema for another day.

Linking up with some friends, go check them out.

Mama Sparks – WIP

Sew Fresh Quilts – Let’s Bee Social

Kat and Cat – Sew Some Love

Quilt Fabrications – Mid Week Makers

 

Follow: