A Merry Quilt-A-Long is coming your way tomorrow. It all starts tomorrow.
Do you love trying new things and learning new techniques? Do you want to meet some new quilty friends? Would you like to finish a Christmas quilt BEFORE Christmas? Consider joining or following along in the I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long. I had planned on being one of the hosts for this QAL, but life got in the way. Hate when that happens. But I will be following along and doing blocks when I can.
The quilt-a-long (QAL) starts August 1st. Every other Tuesday, a new FREE 12″ quilt block pattern and tutorial will be released. If you complete the block before the next pattern release, then you will be entered to win some AMAZING prizes! There are bi-weekly prizes and a mega grand prize too!
Don’t forget to join the I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long Facebook Group to join the party! Designers will post links to the tutorials there, so that is your best way to not miss a single post! You can also ask questions and post pictures of your blocks as you complete them to be entered to win the prizes!
All the bloggers participating in the QAL met through the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop. There are 11 bloggers that have designed blocks. They are:
Kathleen at Kathleen McMusing
Sandra at Sandra Healy Designs
Sola at Alice Samuel’s Quilt Co.
In addition, there are quilt-a-long hosts who will be sewing along and making every block too! They will share tips and tricks for each block, plus you’ll get to see the same block in many different fabrics! These bloggers will be there every step of the way to encourage you to finish the quilt too!
Abbie at Sparkle On
Becca at Pretty Piney
Still have questions? I’ve got answers!
- Do I have to make every block? No! This is laid back and meant to be fun! Make the ones you want! You will be eligible to win the bi-weekly prize for each block you complete.
- Is this for experienced quilters only? No! The quilt-a-long is for everybody! Every block is unique and uses various techniques. That’s why we started a Facebook group – so we can all help each other be successful! Whether you’re new or seasoned, I’m sure you’ll find this an exciting and fun experience!
- Can I see the blocks beforehand? Nope! We are only releasing one block at a time. I know, I know. I’m a control freak too! Trust me, it will be worth it though!
- Who can participate? Anyone, anywhere….
- Can I still participate if I’m not on Facebook? Absolutely! If you’re on Instagram, use #iwishyouamerryqal to be entered to win. Each designer will also have a linky party on their block post so you can link up blog posts or Flickr photos. If you want to sew along, we will find a way!
- What are the prizes? There are so many! It’s best to keep an eye on the Facebook group, as we will begin sharing the prizes there soon! Just some of the prizes include patterns, batting and products from The Warm Co., thread from Aurifil, a gift certificate to The Fat Quarter Shop, signed quilt books, precuts, and much more! You won’t want to miss a single week!
- How much fabric do I need? This is hard to say but a 1/2-1 yard of a few Christmas fabrics will do. I would include a light and a dark and then maybe two shades of green and red or teal and red. This is always a good start for a sampler and if you need more you can always add in fat quarters as you go. If you are thinking of a quilt, I suggest 1 yard for sashing and 1 yard for a border. To finish the quilt, you will need 4 yards for backing (or 2 yards of extra-wide backing), a twin size batting, and 1/2 yard for binding.